Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Come enjoy this special community day, which features inspiring performances, programs, and historical simulations that highlight contributions and stories of African Americans in Atlanta. Explore and be a part of the conversation.
Among this year’s highlights is a performance of Walking Through the Valley written by Addae Moon, Atlanta History Center’s Director of Museum Theatre. Set in 1963, a young activist is asked by the "powers that be” to alter the language in a speech he’s written for what will become an historic event. He envisions a conversation with four iconic freedom fighters in an effort to decide whether a compromise will best serve the greater good.
This is a free admission day. Guests are invited to enjoy the program as well as Atlanta History Center’s historic houses, gardens, and exhibitions.
130 W Paces Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
More Event Ideas
- More Other Events
- Wednesday, Nov 20, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov 23, 8:00 AM
- Thursday, Nov 28, 10:00 AM
- More Events at The Atlanta History Center
- Monday, Dec 9, 10:00 AM
- Sunday, Jan 12, 12:00 PM
- An Evening with Nathalie Dupree and Cynthia Stevens Graubart, Nathalie Dupree’s Favorite Stories and Recipes at The Atlanta History CenterTuesday, Dec 3, 7:00 PM